Cuckoo IH 10 Cup Pressure Rice Cooker CRP-CHSS1009FN (Dark Grey)
- Voice Guide Function : Korean, Chinese, English
- English Menu / Australian Plug - Manufactured for Australian Market
- Induction Heating Technology
- Diamond Coating Inner Pot
- Blue LED Display
- Full Stainless Detachable Cover
- 21 Safety Devices
- Turbo Cooking Function – Cooks Faster !
- Capacity : 1.8 Liter , 10 Cups
- Curved X-wall Stainless Steel Inner Pot
- Washable cover packing and auto steam cleaning
- Made in Korea
- Electric Current : 240 Volt / 50 Hz
- Warranty : 12 months
- Includes Manual Instructions (Recipe included), Stainless Steaming Rack, Scoop, Measuring Cup
What is an IH (Induction Heating) rice/pressure cooker? How are they different to conventional pressure rice cookers?
IH rice/pressure cookers are also classified as pressure cookers. All pressure cookers basically build pressure inside the pot to cook food. This process enables the rice cooker to reach a higher boiling point than when it is at a standard pressure (1 atm/105 Pa->100 degrees celsius). Pressure cookers can reach 120 to 150 degrees celsius. IH rice/pressure cookers build more pressure, and thus have higher boiling point than a conventional pressure rice cooker. IH pressure cookers use induction heating technology (induction coils build electromagnetic induction to heat up the whole stainless steel inner pot), whereas conventional pressure cookers use a heating pan to heat up the inner pot.
3. What are the benefits of IH pressure cookers?
As explained in FAQ 2, the rice cookers can reach higher boiling points. Not only does it reach a higher boiling point, but it shortens the time of cooking. When food/grain is cooked at higher heat within a short time, the food becomes softer and tender. As the whole inner pot (bottom and sides) is heated up instead of only bottom of the the inner pot (conventional rice/pressure cookers use a heat pan on the bottom), the rice is more evenly cooked. This is what makes the Cuckoo very popular in international markets.